What is Chinese for Landscape Architect?

We ran into a group of fourth-year Landscape Architecture students from a local university, who were spending the day sketching in the Master of Nets garden. It was a great time to get an answer to the question, “what do you call a landscape architect in Chinese?”

I didn’t catch all the Mandarin conversation Duffy had with the professor, obviously, but Duffy said that the title he knew, which translates as “Garden Art Master” has been changed. The professor’s term translates as “Master of Scenery and Views.” The program is part of the agricultural university.

For all the landscape architects and designers out there, a gallery of photos of trash receptacles, drain grates, and other geeky subjects. The rest of you, stay tuned, more good stuff coming up!

If you’re still with me, there are three old/ancient drain grates shaped like coins (it’s a Feng Shui thing) and one new-er one from the Hanshan temple street today. Photo of bike share is for Mary. And the trash receptacles are from gardens we’ve visited. The porcelain ones are at the Lingering Garden, I don’t remember which one the bamboo receptacles were from right now.










2 thoughts

  1. Pingback: Decoding the Gardens of Suzhou Summary | Greenwood Landscape Design

What do you think? Let me know!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: